[Python-ideas] shutil.symlink to allow non-race replacement of existing link targets

Anders Hovmöller boxed at killingar.net
Tue May 14 08:41:19 EDT 2019

> On 14 May 2019, at 14:13, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 10:37:57AM +0300, Serge Matveenko wrote:
>>
>> My point was that in case of `os.symlink` vs `shutil.symlink` it is
>> not obvious how they are different even taking into account their
>> namespaces.
>
> Okay, but that's not what you said. I can't respond to what you meant to
> say in hindsight, only what you actually said at the time:

Sure you can. By responding to the mail where he clarifies what he meant but failed to get across the first time. Pointing out again that he failed to communicate to you like he tried the first time around is not very constructive. It would be better if you could let that go and just move forward.

/ Anders