[Python-ideas] A plea for people to please remember to assume good faith

Serge Matveenko s at matveenko.ru
Thu May 16 07:58:38 EDT 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 10:41 AM Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> - try to assume the author of emails is writing in good faith

I have a piece of advice I often give to teams. When you catch
yourself in a conversation on a thought like "how can I convince an
opponent that I'm right" try first to think "maybe my opponent is
right". Surprisingly, this could drastically change your attitude in a
conversation and really helps to get to the positive result much more
quickly.
Just try to help your opponent to convince you instead of trying to
convince your opponent:)

P.S.: Thanks for the whole message. I respect your ability to treat
yourself critically and I really believe this could help other people.