[Python-ideas] Operator as first class citizens -- like in scala -- or yet another new operator?

Ricky Teachey ricky at teachey.org
Tue May 28 16:46:02 EDT 2019

I don't want to pile on, but: you have also not given any actual reason why
overloading the = operator using descriptors:

stuff.a = 8

...is not sufficient, other than a general "well I don't like that". Come
on, guy. If you can't give a real actual reason why that won't work for HDL
programming, you can be sure as heck nobody is ever going to listen to your
idea of changing the way the language behaves.

Have you even attempted to write a descriptor that handles the assignment
of signals the way you want and tried it out for a bit?