BLITS

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Aug 16 20:44:47 CEST 2000

HI!

I'm in the process of implementing the BLITS test suite because I
think there's a strong need for a well-defined test script. Testing
the current and future releases is somewhat difficult because one
can't be sure that all aspects are covered.

I have a function framework derived from

  http://www.opennc.org/directory/mats/blits24/index.htm

but the (simple) test functions itself have to be impemented now.

Well, there are ~ 200(!) tests defined and I won't be able to
implement them in a reasonable time frame myself.

Here's the deal: For every function another person is willing to
contribute I will implement one either. Before you're going to write
your own test scripts spend a few minutes on writing a test function
for blits.py and get one test function for free! ;-)

We will get a nice test script for the Demo/ section of python-ldap.

If you have some time send me an e-mail and I will organize who's
going to develop which test function. The read-only functions are
easy to implement if you have permanent Internet access to the test
data set on ldap://nldap.com/O=IMC,C=US (X.500 name set).

The test functions which need write access need the test data set
uploaded to a LDAPv3 server like OpenLDAP 2.0 (for most tests
OpenLDAP 1.2.x will be sufficient, too).