python-ldap-2.0

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Dec 12 12:25:49 CET 2000

Sascha Gresk wrote:

> > > to provide an abstraction of the LDAP C API.)
>
> So implementing all in pure python isnt the way to go ?.

A pure Python implementation would be hard work!

I played with an ASN.1 decoder/encoder module for a while. Even
building the messages is not easy but think of all the schema
handling and syntax checking - not to speak of SSL/TLS ...

> > > Please, comment!
>
> So are you still going to handcraft all wrappers by hand ? - I
> am still using SWIG to get this job done for my environment.
> Now I have a job to swig myself towards v3 ...

Did you release some of your LDAP-related SWIG stuff to the public?
Maybe I missed the announcement. Since python-ldap 2.0 is meant to
be a completely new implementation you're welcome to contribute your
work with SWIG.