Cygwin Patch

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler at dothill.com
Wed Dec 27 19:09:15 CET 2000

Michael,

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 04:50:21PM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Jason Tishler wrote:
> >
> > python-ldap to build OOTB as a shared extension for Cygwin Python.
>
> Which leads to the question whether you can provide pre-compiled
> Win32 binaries of python-ldap for download.

I was going to offer to provide pre-built binaries in my previous email,
but I thought that it would be considered presumptuous without waiting
to see if the patch would be accepted.

There are also other issues regarding the usefulness of the pre-built
binary:

    1. Cygwin python-ldap is *not* a Mingw (i.e., straight Win32) binary
       and requires Cygwin's cygwin1.dll to run
    2. Cygwin python-ldap requires Cygwin Python to be built with a DLL core
       (similar to Win32 Python)

Additionally, I was hoping to store the pre-built binary on

    http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/release.php

since my public web space is currently very limited.

Nevertheless, I can provide the following packages that are installable
with Cygwin's setup.exe:

    python-ldap-1.10alpha3-1.tar.gz: Cygwin python-ldap
    python-20001116-1.tar.gz:        Cygwin Python 2.0 with DLL core
    openldap-1.2.11-1.tar.gz:        Cygwin OpenLDAP 1.2.11 clients and libs

Only the first one above is required.  The other two are offered for
convenience only -- it makes more sense for them to be contributed to
the Cygwin project instead.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: Jason.Tishler at dothill.com