Build Error

David Leonard david.leonard at csee.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 21 13:01:40 CET 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Mark De Moor typed thusly:

>  I'm having some problems in building python-ldap-1.10alpha3
>  on a HP-UX 10.20 with HP ansi-C compiler , openldap 1.2.11
>  and python 2.0 for web2ldap 0.8.x
>
>  1. configure wrongly finds that ldap_set_rebind_proc needs 3 arguments
>     while during the "make" you get an error (LDAPobject.c) that there
>     are to many args.According to the man page there are 2 arguments.

hmmm. that's bad. the log doesn't show why this happened.

>  cc: "/opt/web2ldap/python-ldap-1.10alpha3/Modules/template.c", line
> 1023:
>  warning 604: Pointers are not assignment-compatible.

fixed

>  cpp: "CIDict.c", line 125: warning 2010: Extra characters on #endif.

fixed

>  2. After fixing that (brute force) in configure, i get a loader error:
>          ld -b  LDAPObject.o common.o constants.o errors.o functions.o
>  ldapmodule.o message.o version.o linkedlist.o template.o CIDict.o
>  -L/opt/ldap/lib -lldap -llber -lm -o _ldapmodule.sl

>  ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (LDAPObject.o) was
> detected.
>  The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.

I think this warning is ignorable. It appears in config.log and seems benign.

>  ld: Invalid loader fixup for symbol "$00000030".

I have no idea what causes this. I don't have any hppa boxes handy, so
I can't do any tests.  The link command comes from Python.
Did you have any problems compiling Python 2.0?
Do you have gcc installed?
Maybe there is another way to associate the libraries.. can you send me the
manual page for 'ld'?

David Leonard                           David.Leonard at csee.uq.edu.au
Dept of Comp. Sci. and Elec. Engg   _   Room:78-640  Ph:+61 7 336 51187
The University of Queensland       |+|  http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~leonard/
QLD 4072  AUSTRALIA               ~` '~ B73CD65FBEF4C089B79A8EBADF1A932F13EA0FC8