ANNC and query: ldapmodule-1.10a3-patched RPMs available

Joe Little jlittle at open-it.org
Wed May 9 01:22:13 CEST 2001

So, I put together python-ldap RPMs/SRPMs for redhat 6.2 and 7.0 to go
with my OpenLDAP 2.0.x RPMs on open-it.org. these include the patches
spoken of before to support OpenLDAP 2.x.

http://open-it.org/download   (in either redhat6.2/RPMS or the like you
find it)

This was done a while ago when I was doing some python-scripts against
an LDAP tree (November). I'm now hell bent on using Zope to manage
openldap, samba-tng, and other components necessary for Open-IT's goals.
Well, OpenLDAP feature sets do trully need to be supported, since I'll
be managing certificates and require TLS and such. Lovely that. So I
will either need to figure out how to fix python-ldap for modern ldap
libraries (OpenLDAP, mozilla, etc), or redo it completely. Again the
SWIG approach may be necessary. What are list member preferences at this
stage. I was not utterly thrilled when I glanced at the current code
base. Associated with the swig approach, I may only need specific
functions to access LDAP and thus need only build a new simplified API
that hides c-specific calls to do the rest.

Is python-ldap basically abandon-ware at this point? Being in "a3" for
about a year is pretty "abandoned" to me.

Just trolling through the list via ZopeLDAP links and realized that I
never did post my RPMs...