web pages of python-ldap

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri May 11 01:35:25 CEST 2001

David Leonard wrote:

> > Michael Ströder wrote:
> > > I would be willing to contribute a new version of the python-ldap
> > > web pages. Any suggestions for a sparse "Pythonic" web design?
>
> i don't mind sparseness. i use the w3m text browser :)

Bah, what a bloat browser with support for tables! Real men use
lynx. ;-}

> > Find a first draft of new web pages for python on-line:
> >   http://stroeder.com/python-ldap/
>
> did you use php?

No, I hope they support SSI (server-side includes).

> if you commit to the htdocs part of the python-ldap CVS tree, the
> sourceforge web server should automatically update the "live" copy
> either immediately, or within 30 mins..

Good to now. Shall I remove the other things?

> > Please comment. Especially the "Binaries" section could need more
> > detailed information of pre-built packages with links and
> > maintainers.
>
> downloads/binaries should have mini-toc to the platforms.
> don't forget the platform architecture (x86, sparc etc).
> not everyone has PCs :)

Hmm, I'm not sure if I want to maintain a very detailed overview of
binaries. Off course the RPMs should contain arch.

BTW: Did you have a look on how to use the compile farm on
SourceForge?

> a first question for the faq should be "Is python-ldap abandon-ware?" :)

And the answer: "Jump on in!"