compilation error

Joe Little jlittle at open-it.org
Wed May 23 20:00:00 CEST 2001

you'll notice that 1.2.x will slowly be unsupported/unavailable. If
nothing else, the OpenLDAP 2.x patches should like become proper to the
source tree so that users can use any modern system.

Also, there is a bug in my packages that I just noticed. The makefile for
python-ldap does not explicitly install _ldapmodule.so in the python path,
so an RPM actually doesn't see it (alternative build root). I've made a
new RPM but I'm stuck on a lousy windows box for my net connection at the
moment. Happily, I have Zope working with python-ldap as of this morning.

My current solution to the above problem is to install _ldapmodule.so into
/usr/lib/py*/site-packages alogn with ldap.pth. This way, packagers will
get it with "make DESTDIR=ALTROOT/blah/blah"

		-Joe