latest ldap.i UPDATE!

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed May 30 14:51:17 CEST 2001

HI!

I've built the swig-ldap with Joe's ldap.i and lber.i. After
modifications to lber.i import works now. But I still have some
problems.

Note: The module is built as ldapcmodule.so on my system.

Python 2.1 (#8, Apr 20 2001, 19:22:23)
[GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on linux2
>>> import ldapc
>>> attrs=ldapc.string_array(1)
>>> ldapc.string_set(attrs,0,'objectClass')
'objectClass'
>>> l=ldapc.open('localhost',389)
>>> resPtr=ldapc.makeLDAPMessagePtrPtr()
>>> status=ldapc.search_s(l,'O=MICHAELS',ldapc.SCOPE_BASE,
'(objectClass=*)',attrs,0,resPtr)
Segmentation fault

Am I doing something wrong?

I have to admit that these kind of error messages endorse my
prejudices about SWIG-produced modules...