compiling against OpenLDAP 2.0.11

Jens Vagelpohl jens at digicool.com
Fri Jun 15 17:52:45 CEST 2001

joe,

> well, the patches are now a part of my RPM at open-it.org (Thanks to
> Michael and Konstantin). I haven't been able to get an unpatched version
> to compile either. David has his own tree which he indicated does compile
> against 2.x, but I am unsure if/when that may be added to the main tree.
> Some people like to stick w. 1.x for stability and completeness, others
> just want 2.0. :)

unfortunately, RPM is of no help to me. i am trying to set it up so i can
do development work on the Zope LDAPLoginAdapter and LDAPUserManager on my
OS X-based powerbook while i'm abroad. i would need patches for the source,
  i already got OpenLDAP 2.0.11 running successfully.

and no, this is not a combo i would use for "production", it's just so i
can work away from my development servers ;)

> Separately, email me directly. I've been playing around with ZopeLDAP and
> jshell hasn't answered back. Maybe you can clue me in to the status of
> all things LDAP in regards to Zope. (I'm most interested in documentation
> of current ZClass integration, etc)

ZopeLDAP development has pretty much ended. jeffrey hasn't worked on it in
a while and us unwilling (and has no time) to continue it. if i had time i
would consider keeping it alive, but at this point i really don't.

there is a couple other LDAP products for zope that i know of:

- LDAPLoginAdapter: my own product. active development, will be combined
with the LDAPUserManager into a single LDAPUserFolder product at some point

- LDAPUserManager: my own product. active development, will be combined
with the LDAPLoginAdapter into a single LDAPUserFolder at some point

- LDAPAdapter: ross lazarus' and soren roug's LDAP-based user folder. i
think development has pretty much ended.

i do not know about any ZClass integration. i personally do not use
ZClasses at all, only file system-based python products.

jens