compiling against OpenLDAP 2.0.11

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Jul 11 11:56:27 CEST 2001

Steffen,

thanks a lot for your patches.

Steffen Ries wrote:

> Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> writes:
>
> > Anyone did notice the forwarded warning message by Stig about
> > possible memory leaks with OpenLDAP 2.0.x API?
> > Please glance over it:
> > http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/1568/2001/6/0/6036658/
>
> I looked through it.
> [..]
> The attached patch should fix both issues.

I tried to merge your patches with the patches provided by
Konstantin but it seg faults with OpenLDAP 2.0.11 libs.

Since your diff is not against recent CVS version there might be a
problem with some small differences. E.g. there's a call "free(dn);"
before "return NULL;" in recent CVS version of message.c which
affects your first diff.

Since I have no idea about the C sources I'd appreciate if you could
take a look at the recent CVS version in which some memory leaks
were fixed since python-ldap-1.10alpha3.