OpenLDAP 2.0.x's libldap_r

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sun Jul 15 01:19:35 CEST 2001

HI!

While we're at it: One thing which might bite other python-ldap
developers as well is that the OpenLDAP libs are not reentrant.
Despite the ugly hack with my wrapper module ldapthreadlock the
problem is still not really solved.

The message from Kurt Zeilenga (attached below) made me curious.
Unfortunately Kurt refused to be more verbose on that. Could anybody
look into this? One idea might be to wrap the lower-level function
calls of libldap_r and write a Python wrapper module above it which
takes care about how libldap_r has to be used.

Ciao, Michael.