Tagging the CVS archive

Konstantin Chuguev Konstantin.Chuguev at dante.org.uk
Mon Jul 16 12:08:03 CEST 2001

Hi All,

I can't understand why I haven't received a few recent messages sent to
the mailing list. I've checked that I'm subscribed. Anyway,

>     FROM: Steffen Ries
>     DATE: 07/15/2001 06:17:50
>     SUBJECT: RE:  Tagging the CVS archive
>
>     Michael Ströder <> writes:
>
>     > Could we find some meaningful set of tags to mark the python-ldap
>     > CVS archive? Maybe we can borrow some ideas from
>     > http://www.openldap.org/software/repo.html ?
>     >
>     I think you should create a branch tag for OpenLDAP 1 related
>     stuff. That way both fixes for the "old" API and new stuff can go in
>     in parallel.
>
>     I would suggest a scheme where upper case tags are applied to
>     releases, and lower case tags are branches.
>
>     e.g.:
>     REL-1-10ALPHA3
>     REL-1-11
>     openldap-1-api

Are you sure the tags are case sensitive?
The other thing: I'd personally prefer (I'm not insisting though :-) "_"
instead of "-".
In any case, if we're going to have branches dependant on the OpenLDAP
API support, they could be called just OPENLDAP_1 or similar, while
releases could be named REL_1_11 and REL_1_10.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough experience in CVS to make branches.
Could somebody do that?

Regards,
    Konstantin.

--
          * *        Konstantin Chuguev - Application Engineer
       *      *              Francis House, 112 Hills Road