Re: Re: Rép. : Re: NDS library linking

Olivier Dewit ODewit at isagri.fr
Wed Sep 12 16:05:21 CEST 2001

Hello Tim,

Novell has probably adjusted security policy on the NDS LDAP test site, and now, authentication with simple_bind_s() works for admin account. Now
python-ldap and Novell's LDAP library work the same. Some problems remain, but they are caused by NDS, not by python-ldap. So python-ldap works with NDS, without needing to compile a Novell library. It is the answer to my initial question.

Thank you very much for your help.

Olivier
odewit at isagri.fr

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Olivier Dewit wrote:

> Thank you for your explanation. I'm not sure it is a NDS/LDAP problem.

I'm not a python-ldap expert by any stretch of the imagination, but have
you tried accessing your NDS using http://web2ldap.de/ ? I use it to query
our public directory occasionally.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com