Re: Re: Rép. : Re: NDS library linking

Olivier Dewit ODewit at
Wed Sep 12 16:05:21 CEST 2001

Hello Tim,

Novell has probably adjusted security policy on the NDS LDAP test site, and now, authentication with simple_bind_s() works for admin account. Now
python-ldap and Novell's LDAP library work the same. Some problems remain, but they are caused by NDS, not by python-ldap. So python-ldap works with NDS, without needing to compile a Novell library. It is the answer to my initial question.

Thank you very much for your help.

odewit at

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Olivier Dewit wrote:

> Thank you for your explanation. I'm not sure it is a NDS/LDAP problem.

I'm not a python-ldap expert by any stretch of the imagination, but have
you tried accessing your NDS using ? I use it to query
our public directory occasionally.

Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |   |
W. St. Paul, MN |                          |
wilson at |  <dtml-var pithy_quote>  |