Tagging the CVS archive

Konstantin Chuguev Konstantin.Chuguev at dante.org.uk
Wed Aug 29 15:33:14 CEST 2001

Hi Michael and All,

Michael Ströder wrote:

> sorry for answering that late.

No worries, same problem here: I have been too busy last couple of months...

I have just tagged the repository with the OPENLDAP_1_BRANCH tag. Everything
seems to be OK, at least I can see and choose that tag in the Sourceforge
web-to-CVS gateway.
Anybody willing to roll out the release for OpenLDAPv1?
I'm going to add OpenLDAPv2 patches soon. The first goal is to handle
referrals, the second one is a new version of the rebind_proc callback. Note
that in the C API, OpenLDAPv1 rebind_proc is incompatible with OpenLDAPv2. I do
not see the way of providing compatibility between them, because the callback
mechanism itself has changed completely. So I think we need a change in
python-ldap API as well. Do you have any suggestions about it?

Regards,
    Konstantin.

--
         * *       Konstantin Chuguev           Francis House
      *      *     Application Engineer         112 Hills Road