Make problem: Makefile target missing in "Modules" directory

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Sep 27 21:03:52 CEST 2001

jmlittle at mac.com wrote:

> please then comment on why _MY_ RPMs are not mature and/or lack which
> patches to not work with web2ldap. I'm here to help make them stable and
> not make them useless, afterall.

1. I'm not sure if these RPMs are _your_ RPMs.
2. I have no clue which patches you are providing nowadays with
_your_ RPMs.

But many people are asking why web2ldap chokes with an exception
when setting some attributes which are not available with OpenLDAP 2
libs. Most times it turns out that they are using (older?) pre-built
RPMs linked against OpenLDAP 2 libs. I usually don't track down
which particular RPMs they are using. Nor do I track down which
attributes are supported and which are not by that RPM version.

Unfortunately they are reaching my mailbox. Not the mailbox of the
package maintainer. Whoever that is...