Python-LDAP-dev digest, Vol 1 #179 - 1 msg

Art Vossberg art at rtv.AWOLart.com
Thu Oct 18 15:56:27 CEST 2001

>FYI: With web2ldap I already try to handle differences of
>python-ldap built against different versions of the OpenLDAP libs.
>This works fairly well with the patches exposing the "version"
>attribute. I take the presence of the "version" attribute as
>indicator that the OpenLDAP 2 libs are used.

What patches are you referring to ?

>However if the python-ldap was built against OpenLDAP 2 libs with
>patches which does not expose the "version" attribute it is assumed
>that the OpenLDAP 1 libs are in place and setting the LDAP
>connection options via attribute "options" obviously fails.
>
>For those of you interested in the gory details check out module
>ldapsession.py shipped with web2ldap.

I looked at ldapsession and grepped everything in site to see where
openldap version is set.
However, I am still getting the same error messages.

I am using web2ldap-20011015 and the most recent python-ldap CVS build.

--
The information contained in this message is privileged and confi-
dential. If you have received this message in error, please notify

Arthur E. Vossberg III
1100 Buckingham Way
Yardley, PA 19067
Telephone: +1 215 295 8207

For secure transmissions over the Internet,
please use the sender's gpg public key: