Undefined Symbol?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Oct 25 13:31:31 CEST 2001

jfdoyon at server.methane.org wrote:
> server = ldap.open('myhost',636)
> server.version = ldap.VERSION3
> server.start_tls_s()
> server.simple_bind_s("hidden","hidden")
> [..]
> ldap.SERVER_DOWN: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP server"}

Took me also a while to figure this one out. The CN attribute in the
server's certificate has to be EXACTLY the same like the host name
you're using when calling ldap.open(). Check that.

Note that since there's no certificate validation in place this
patch does not provide protection against MITM-attacks. It has
experimental status and shouldn't be used in a productive