TLS context

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at
Mon Nov 12 15:16:03 CET 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 11:59:37AM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Well, if the TLS options are global they should be handled globally.
> Therefore any global option must not be wrapped by an attribute of
> the LDAP connection object. The application programmer has to deal
> with it.
The problem is, that some of the options can be used globally and
locally. Eg. LDAP_OPT_X_TLS.
But we can handle those two cases separately.

Currently I handle the global options as strings (like it was for local
options implemented as attributes). But maybe it would be better to
handle them as constants.

The first solution is shorter to use, the second is more like OpenLDAP C
API. Which one should I use? If it is to be separated from "local"
options (implemented as attribute) then IMHO the second would be better.
Currently I have the first one implemented, but it is easy to change.

> You're welcome to throw away any code not needed when compiling
> against OpenLDAP 2.x libs. E.g. I already removed autoconf stuff
> from CVS. If someone needs that he/she can check out the tagged old
> version.
OK. So I will do it. I will add "#error" for LDAP_API_VERSION < 2000

It will be easier to extend the module then.