ldap.set_option() ready

Joe Little jlittle at ee.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 13 19:50:29 CET 2001

I just wanted to butt in with my opinion here.

It seems that to date, the python-ldap API has mirrored that of the
c-API, but also provided an LDAP object wrapper.

I think is correct as well as ideal for us to support both the
set_option() method in the direct API, but for object-oriented purposes
provide an internal mechanism that calls the set_option using set_attr
and get_attr syntax. Those who will use the LDAPObject and similar
mentality will appreciate the latter, and I feel it doesn't confuse
things if those methods are documented as object methods.