cidict.py as LDAP entry class

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Thu Nov 15 17:39:15 CET 2001

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:23:28AM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> I'd really like to implement those kind of things in a OID-based and
> schema-aware Python class for LDAP entries.
This won't work very well with LDAP v2. But it may work, when schema
could be read from files instead of the server.

> Compiler-freaks check
> out SPARK (see
> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~aycock/spark/) as a candidate for
> parsing the schema descriptions according to the BNF described in
> RFC 2252 etc.

I made some simple schema parser in python for my pydibr, but I don't
think it is good enough to be part of python-ldap --- I made many
simplifying assumtions, and I haven't even read RFC 2252 (I couldn't
find the right RFC to find this).

Greets,
        Jacek