TLS context

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Jan 2 02:31:57 CET 2002

Joe Little wrote:

> [..] was starting to get my python-ldap RPM back into shape.
> Well, I see that configure is now gone in lieu of setup.py (distutils) in
> the latest CVS version. Simple enough. However, doing a test "make" brought
> up this TLS context stuff that I see came up a bit ago here.
> Specifically, a make fails with "LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CTX" undeclared in
> Modules/constants.c (203).

You probably have to upgrade your OpenLDAP 2 libs. (That's what I
had to do.)

> From the discussion, it would appear code must
> first declare this,

I think you have to define all the certificate-related stuff before
you do a LDAP over SSL connect by calling
ldap.initialize('ldaps://..') or before calling method start_tls_s()
of an existing LDAPObject instance.

I did not test it very well up to now.