why didn't it work?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at zope.com
Mon Jan 28 15:12:05 CET 2002

i'm getting complaints about this from people who use some of my products
that rely on python-ldap. one guy uses a CVS checkout from january 4th. is
the CVS version hosed?

*****
 >>> if you launch python, can you import "_ldap"?
Yes, I can, but if I try to call the "_ldap.open" function, it fails :
module _ldap does not have such function.

 >>> can you import "ldap"?
Yes, I can, and I can call functions "ldap.open", "ldap.bind_s", etc.
*******

jens