why didn't it work?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at zope.com
Mon Jan 28 20:14:18 CET 2002

actually it does not work well in the latest python-ldap. importing _ldap
will not raise an ImportError. but _ldap is crippled and will blow up the
first time you try to call something with it.

everywhere i go on the python-ldap.sourceforge.net site the docs talk of
the "_ldap" module and code examples use "import _ldap". that's probably
why i assumed that that's the canonical way of doing things.

i'm just wondering why in the world that's deprecated now and importing
ldap is the only way it works.

jens