problems ldap-module on AIX

Jan Idzikowski idzikowski at atsolute.com
Tue Apr 30 17:33:40 CEST 2002

hallo,

i have a problem with the ldap-module on AIX.
I use Python-2.1.3 installed thread-safe with the IBM C-Compiler cc_r and the option -qmaxmem=4000.
With the normaly C-Compiler cc i could not start Zope and some other python application.
(but with the the normaly C-Compiler cc python install the ldap-module is working)
I have try to install the ldap-module with python setup.py build and get the warnings thet i have to compile it with the option MAXMEM > 2048. I have do this and the compile was fine. But i can't get the ldap-module working.
I import ldap and than i try l = ldap.initialize("ldap://my.ldapserver:389") and get a Segmentation fault (core dumped).

i think the problem is the thread-safe installation of python, and the ibm c-compiler, but i have to use this compiler and can't use a other, like gcc.

have anybody a idee?

thanks jan

idzikowski at atsolute.com