Speed difference, which version to use?

Anders Karlsson anders.karlsson at cendio.se
Mon Jun 10 09:59:42 CEST 2002

I recently started to use Python-LDAP in a project. Since I first found
the 1.10alpha3-version I used that. Everything worked fine and fast.

Since it was built for Python 1.x I upgraded to Python-LDAP 2.0.0pre04
which worked fine, but considerable slower that the old version. A python
program that changed some posts in the LDAP database and did two searches
took about five seconds with 2.0.0pre04, compared to less than a second
with 1.10alpha3.

Why is there such big speed difference? Have I done something wrong or is
it a known matter? Which version do you recomend me to use?

Regards,