Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at
Tue Jun 25 19:31:21 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 08:28:15AM -0400, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
| i have seen similar strange slowdowns **if i connect to localhost**.
| connecting to OpenLDAP on another host across the network was much faster
| (meaning: it worked at the expected speed).

Actually, you're right.  I never tried from a different host until you
said this.  I presumed using the loopback interface would have the
least amount of delay due to eliminating network hardware from the

That certainly gives some (initial) improvement possibilities.

A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer