defect

Joe Little jlittle at open-it.org
Fri Jun 28 18:49:14 CEST 2002

two snippets from Luke when speaking about 2.1 (and whether it was finally thread safe:

lukeh:
On what is thread safe? The client library? The server? I thought it was
always pretty much thread safe. I think they've shaken down some issues
with the transactional (bdb) backend.

When I mentioned complaints here about thread safety, his response:

I haven't seen those complaints. The OpenLDAP client library is guaranteed
to be thread safe as long as you (a) link against libldap_r and (b) do
not permit concurrent access to a single LDAP session (ie. use one per
thread or a mutex around it).

So, libldap_r is one requirement... but the other seems to be already set by our use of internal thread locking to that single session.