ldap_url_search ?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jun 28 21:36:26 CEST 2002

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 04:44:54PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> | Michael Ströder wrote:
> |
> | Anyone having any objections against removing methods url_search*()?
> |
> | Anyone really using it?
>
> The only objection I have is that it really helped me to learn how to
> work with an LDAP URL.

How about practicing with the module ldapurl? It has more features
anyway. And it can construct LDAP URLs from search parameters with
method unparse().

> Though if OpenLDAP 2.1 doesn't have the function, then that's a real
> strong argument for removing those methods (at the very least when
> compiled against OpenLDAP 2.1).

Well, another strong argument is that there's no one actively
maintaining the C module part under Modules/. Therefore I'd be
glad to keep it as short as possible.