defect

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman.ddts.net
Sat Jun 29 01:10:14 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 09:49:14AM -0700, Joe Little wrote:

| I haven't seen those complaints. The OpenLDAP client library is guaranteed
| to be thread safe as long as you

| do not permit concurrent access to a single LDAP session (ie. use
| one per thread or a mutex around it).

(FWIW)
This sounds perfectly acceptable to me.
Making a separate connection for each thread is likely to reduce
contention anyways (improves performance).

I don't see my patch (other thread) on the list, but don't use it --
it breaks web2ldap :-(.  I need to work on it some more.

-D

--

The Consultant's Curse:
    When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/