Urgent issues (was: RedHat 8.0 RPMS -- what they foretell)

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jul 5 19:48:39 CEST 2002

I forgot something. Several things to dig into:

0. At least test the CVS version!

1. Solve problems with NON-ASCII chars in DN when using OpenLDAP
2.1.x libs.

2. Find huge memory leaks reported to the list.

3. Dig into thread-safety issues with libldap_r. Despite your
personal conversation with Luke I have some doubts that this is
really solved.

4. Test build process with several flavors of OpenLDAP
(./configure --help to give you an idea).

5. Clean up the nightmare of DEFINE's used.

6. Find subtle problem with search continuations blocking the
search in ldap.async when using the latest CVS versions.