Referral support (was: port of Net::LDAP::Entry)

Robert Sander gurubert-news at epigenomics.com
Thu Jul 25 12:24:23 CEST 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 11:59:21AM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Robert Sander wrote:
> >We have a directory service set up with OpenLDAP extensively using
> >referrals. It seems that python-ldap currently is not able to handle
> >these. Is this correct?
>
> Before I write a pile of postings about it I'd like to know what
> your understanding of handling referrals is.

The Perl modules in Net::LDAP return a entries array and a references
array after a search when the parameter "deref" is set to 3. I think
this is DEREF_ALWAYS.
With the referrals you are able to search further in the tree.

I admit that I haven't tried to use l.deref = ldap.DEREF_ALWAYS and
look at the result.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander