python-ldap-2.0.0pre05 and zope

Michael Ströder michael at
Fri Jul 26 17:52:26 CEST 2002

mbagepll at wrote:
> I am trying to install python-ldap module for zope 2.5.1 on solaris 8.
> I am using netscape LDAP C library (there was no problem compiling it).

Note that since LDAP C libs are diverging solely building against
OpenLDAP 2.x libs is supported.

> ImportError: /opt/local/web/zope/jed/bin/python: fatal:
> open failed: No such file or directory

No clue...

> And then, i invoked the zope python interpreter and tried to import
> _ldap module. The error it throws is -
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: /opt/local/web/zope/jed/bin/python: fatal:
> relocation error: file /opt/local/web/zope/jed/lib/python2.1/site-
> packages/ symbol ldap_start_tls_s: referenced symbol not found

Although Netscape libs are not supported you could try to comment
the line with HAVE_LDAP_START_TLS_S in But don't waste
too much time with it. I removed some code for old Netscape 3 API.
=> grab OpenLDAP 2.0.25 and compile the libs.