TODO until python-ldap 2.0.0 final release

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Aug 19 20:20:34 CEST 2002

HI!

I'd like to bring your attention to the TODO file in python-ldap.
For your convenience it's attached below. ;-)

Any takers? Especially I'd like to see a general approach for
extended controls and extended operations. Yeah, C illiterate I am
I'm asking for help...

Ciao, Michael.

*** List of things to-do in no particular order ***

General:
- Define common license for all modules
- Create a test script that exercises everything with a public
   server holding the BLITS 2.5 test data set

Modules/
- Validating server's certificate when calling start_tls_s() or
   ldap.initialize('ldaps://..')
- General support for controls
   - VLV control
   - server-side sorting control
   - Binding in DSA control mode (rewrite necessary)
   - Persistent search control
- Wrap ldap_parse_reference()
- Support for Win32 (and other platforms?)
- Support Extended Operations by wrapping
   ldap_extended_operation() and ldap_parse_extended_result()
   - Set Password ext. op.
   - Whoami ext. op.

Lib/
- Remove obsolete/unsupported modules
- Caching of search requests for each LDAPObject instance
- LDIF parser for replication logs
- DSML support
- Support for SASL mechanims GSS-API

Tests/
Clean up and finish the mess of test scripts started.