TODO until python-ldap 2.0.0 final release

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Aug 21 21:22:22 CEST 2002

Hans Aschauer wrote:
> On Montag, 19. August 2002 20:20, Michael Ströder wrote:
>
>>Modules/
>>- Validating server's certificate when calling start_tls_s() or
>>   ldap.initialize('ldaps://..')
>
> Seems to be interesting. However, I have no idea how much work it is,
> and honestly, I don't know the pitfalls which one has to overcome in
> order to get it right, but I will look into it.

Frankly at the moment I have no clue whether this is more an issue
of the OpenLDAP 2 lib itself or if we can do anything about it in
python-ldap's C module part. Additionally there will be built-in
support for CRL checking in OpenSSL 0.9.7 itself.

> Probably it would be a good
> idea to write wrappers for generic controls/extended operations only,
> and leave the details to python code.

Yepp!

>>Lib/
>>- Remove obsolete/unsupported modules
>>- Caching of search requests for each LDAPObject instance
>>- LDIF parser for replication logs
>>- DSML support
>>- Support for SASL mechanims GSS-API
>
> Huh, does SASL GSS-API not work?

Aah, sorry. I did not see and did not test this.

> I dont't have a working kerberos right
> now, but it used to work.

Ok, then I will remove it from TODO.