License (was: Re: TODO until python-ldap 2.0.0 final release)

David Leonard david.leonard at itee.uq.edu.au
Sun Aug 25 09:18:52 CEST 2002

hmm. for PSF licencing, I think we will have to

	1) check with PSF - they may want us to sign a 'contributor
	   agreement', a la Zope, to indemnify them against IP/ownership etc
	   <http://www.python.org/psf/psf-contributor-agreement.html>

	2) assign copyright of all files to the PSF, ie add to each file:
	  "Copyright (c) 2002 Python Software Foundation; All Rights Reserved"

if you're going to give away ownership like that, then why not just go public
domain? its the most 'open' of open source, imho.

I'm happy either way, since I gave up copyright in all of my contributed
files. As, long as you leave the notice/warning message in there somewhere.

note also that previous file versions (extracted from cvs) would remain under
their old licencing/copyright (if any).. which is normal, and desirable.

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Michael Ströder typed thusly:

David Leonard                           David.Leonard at itee.uq.edu.au
School of Inf. Tech. and Elec. Engg _   Ph:+61 404 844 850
The University of Queensland       |+|  http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~leonard/
QLD 4072  AUSTRALIA               ~` '~