unable to build ldap.py

Ulf von Ceumern vonceumern at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 5 13:01:06 CEST 2002

Hi.
I have some trouble building and installing  python-ldap-2.0.0pre04 or 5
on my system (dont know sys specs exactly. some sun solaris server).
here is what i get:

bash-2.03$ make
python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
warning: build_py: file Lib/ldap.py (for module ldap) not found
not copying Lib/ldap/__init__.py (output up-to-date)
not copying Lib/ldap/async.py (output up-to-date)
not copying Lib/ldap/functions.py (output up-to-date)
not copying Lib/ldap/sasl.py (output up-to-date)
not copying Lib/ldap/schema.py (output up-to-date)
not copying Lib/ldap/ldapobject.py (output up-to-date)
not copying Lib/ldap/modlist.py (output up-to-date)
not copying Lib/ldapurl.py (output up-to-date)
not copying Lib/ldif.py (output up-to-date)
warning: build_py: file Lib/ldap.py (for module ldap) not found
running build_ext
skipping '_ldap' extension (up-to-date)

plus: i am installing this under a user dir and need to point python to
use this version rather than the old version which is installed under
the python lib dir somewhere. how do i do that?

best regards, ulf v. ceumern