compile python-ldap on macosx

Joe Little jlittle at open-it.org
Sat Oct 26 20:20:19 CEST 2002

its an openldap to Netinfo bridge, done by Luke Howard (padl.com). In
other words.. its as clean as you can get. Its compliant and works
fine. I'm already using it as such in one case. Anybody can modify the
schema to be what not and it won't break anything, since by default the
system uses Netinfo and not LDAP and some steps are required to
activate the LDAP bridge.

Software update won't modify the slapd.conf to my knowledge. That is
generated one time with a mkslapdconf command from the netinfo sources
(during activation). Its similar to what a .deb or .rpm would do with
the default slapd.conf -- not change it unless its not there.