still probs to compile python-ldap on macosx

Peter Hawkins peter at
Tue Nov 5 08:01:22 CET 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:28 pm, Steven Graham wrote:
> I disagree, under normal operation the command is failing and
> exiting with a status of 1 (Under OS X)
> 31% ld -R; echo $?
> ld: unknown flag: -R
> 1

-R takes an argument on other UNIXes. , and you'd expect ld to fail on
that command line anyway since you haven't given it any input files.

On linux:
peterh at warpcore:~$ ld -R; echo $?
ld: unrecognized option '-R'
ld: use the --help option for usage information
peterh at warpcore:~$ ld -R/tmp; echo $?
ld: no input files
peterh at warpcore:~$

peter at aka peterh at
GPG key fingerprint:
C746 38A9 D3E4 A171 FB6A  56D4 5E30 DFCC BE11 F437