SASL response is not a SASL BindRequest

Stuart Bishop stuart.b at commonground.com.au
Sat Apr 19 03:20:30 CEST 2003

On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 02:34  AM, Michael Ströder wrote:

> Stuart Bishop wrote:
>> Out of the OSX box I'm getting:
> > [..]
>> ldap.AUTH_UNKNOWN: {'info': 'SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No
>> worthy mechs found', 'desc': 'Unknown authentication method'}
>
> A wild guess: The SASL plugin libs on this box are not found...

Yup. Turns out that runtime libraries support via distutils is
broken in Python 2.2 under OS X. Python 2.3a2 is working fine,
and I've got a bug report open to fix the distutils problem in
any future 2.2.x release.

Looking good. Thanks for your help on this Michael :-)

--
Stuart Bishop <zen at shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/