Win32 anyone?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Apr 29 19:28:50 CEST 2003

Mauro Cicognini wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>
>> Once again I'd like to ask whether anybody has built a native Win32
>> version of recent python-ldap. Would be nice to have a maintainer for
>> Win32 binaries.
>
> Hmm, given the low to very-low level of win32 traffic on the list, I
> might even ask if there's any interest for it.

There is! Otherwise I wouldn't ask.

> Anyway, for all it's worth, I volounteer to be the win32 maintainer,

Great.

> Anyway, if anyone's interested, I can provide a native windows installer
> for python-ldap, packaged with the python dist tools.

Yes, please build one for Python 2.2.x. You can send the files to me and
I'll add it to the file release system on SourceForge. Not sure if it's
necessary to have a complete Windows installer though.

How much effort is this for you? Can it be automated to some extent? If it's
much work I'd like to make a next release with some small enhancements/fixes
before you start the build.