python-ldap freezing

Michael Ströder michael at
Tue May 13 21:12:25 CEST 2003

Alexander Meisel wrote:
> I have to freeze the software I wrote in order to get it running on a
> system which is not allowed to have a python (in fact any scripting language)
> installation. I use the python ldap module with the utility in the
> Python tools distribution, but don't quite know what to do (in the building
> process) to the module to make it 'freezable'.

The following note in Python-2.2.2/Tools/freeze/README does not sound too good.

A warning about shared library modules

When your Python installation uses shared library modules such as
_tkinter.pyd, these will not be incorporated in the frozen program.
  Again, the frozen program will work when you test it, but it won't
  work when you ship it to a site without a Python installation.