python-ldap freezing

Alexander Meisel python-ldap-dev at meisel.cc
Tue May 20 11:04:48 CEST 2003

Hi,

just an update how to do it.
It is possible to freeze the python ldap library with your code.
All you have to do is to archive the .o files into a file called _ldap.a
and link them against the frozen binary.
If you build py-ldap you find the .o files in /build/tmp..../*.o
You need to build an archive (which basically combines them to one file)
Linux: ar c _ldap.a /path/to/o/files/*.o
Solaris: ar -q _ldap.a /path/to/o/files/*.o

Then you use freeze.py as you normally would. After the make, you see the last
giant gcc line which links everything to the binary. Copy and paste the line
but add the _ldap.a file before the libpython2.2.a. You basically link the
file again, but this time with the ldap library.

Happy code freezing!

            Alexander Meisel