pyldap and openldap 2.1.22

Andrew Thomson ajthomson at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 6 11:19:29 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 17:44, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Andrew Thomson wrote:
>  > On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 16:30, Michael Ströder wrote:
>  >
>  >>Did you edit setup.cfg to point to your OpenLDAP client libs?
>  >
>  > I admit that i'm still using the freebsd ports to compile this..
>
> Since I have no clue about FreeBSD I can't help. Please ask the maintainer
> of the FreeBSD port.
>
>  > the port does go through an updated the setup.cfg with the locations of
>  > the ldap libraries and includes.
>  >
>  > # Section for compiling the C extension module
>  > # for wrapping OpenLDAP 2 libs
>  >
>  > [_ldap]
>  > class = OpenLDAP2
>  > library_dirs = /usr/local/lib
>  > include_dirs = /usr/local/include
>  > libs = lber ldap
>
> Can you find ldap.h in /usr/local/include ?
>
>  > The port is sitting at py23-ldap2-2.0.0pre04.. I noticed a couple of
>  > newer versions had been released..
>
> 2.0.0pre04 is pretty ancient and I'm rather reluctant giving support for
> outdated versions.

thanks again Michael,

I hacked up the freebsd port for py-ldap and got it to install with the
latest version!

pkg_info| grep ldap
openldap-2.1.22     Open source LDAP client and server software
py23-ldap2-2.0.0pre13 An LDAP module for python, for OpenLDAP2

I'll tell you what, this new version of openldap isn't so carefree with
this structual objectclass business..

anyway, thanks for the assistance.

ajt.