Win32 Binaries?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Aug 20 22:27:39 CEST 2003

Mauro Cicognini wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>
>> >BTW Michael, how would you let the different setp.cfg versions co-exist?
>> I think Build/ is the right place.
>
> Right. I'd create a "Build/win32" dir and put the setup.cfg there.

Already checked in Build/setup.cfg.win32 and Build/setup.cfg.suse-linux and
added it to MANIFEST.in.

> Obviously the main dir should have pointers to let people know they
> should look into "Build/<platform>".

Already added comment to INSTALL.

>> We should stick with one way which is DistUtils.
>
> OK. I guess you can zap directory "Win32" from the CVS tree altogether,
> then.

Was never in the normal source distribution anyway.

>>> I did have to extend setup.py a bit; I attach the unified diff here.
>>
>> Hmm, can web apply changes one-by-one? I'd really like to see in the
>> diff what was changed.
>
> Right. I attach a file where I try to let changes stand out more.

I already checked in your previous diffs. In the end it wasn't that hard to
figure out what has changed. But just as advice for next time...

> 1. I needed extra options for the linker; so I added "extra_link_args"
> to the class definition and passed it to the constructor.
> 2. I hijacked the "data files" mechanism in Distutils to carry over the
> Cyrus-SASL DLL. I added "extra_files" to the class definition and passed
> it to setup() as the "data_files" param. I also had to add a loop to
> process that setting in the setup.cfg.
> 3. I added the library names I got under Win32 for LDAP (oldap_r) and
> SASL (libsasl) to the macro-definition logic.

Noted.

>> error: build_py: supplying both 'packages' and 'py_modules' options is
>> not allowed
>
> Hmmm, this is unfortunate. I wasn't aware of this limitation. I wonder why?

I wonder why, too. :-/

> If so, let's revert to the old style.

Already done.

> However, there's one file missing
> from the manually-built list (ldap/filter.py). Is this intentional?

Ouch! Good catch! Fixed.

I will now test your Win32 build...