How to build python-ldap correctly...

Patrick Gelin patrick.gelin at rpn.ch
Fri Sep 26 13:17:51 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 13:05, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Patrick Gelin wrote:
> >
> > My configuration is RedHat 9.0 with python 2.2 and Zope 2.6.1 with
> > python 2.1.3.
> >
> > My file system is like this:
> >
> > /usr/lib/python2.2
> > /zope/lib/python2.1
> >
> > (I installed too python 2.1 here /usr/local/lib/python2.1)
> >
> > How to do if I want to install python-ldap for python 2.6.1 under Zope ?
> > Where are include and lib directories I have to config in setup.cfg ?
> >
> > Is there a global variable to positioning ? (I want to keep alive
> > python2.2 because there is a lot of redhat stuff using it...)
>
> You have to invoke setup.py with exactly the Python interpreter binary Zope
> is using.
>
> E.g. if your system's Python is installed in /usr/bin/python and the Python
> 2.1.3 for Zope is in /zope/bin/python you have to invoke
>
> $ /zope/bin/python setup.py build
> # /zope/bin/python setup.py install
>
> Ciao, Michael.

ok I tried but now there is an other problem:

[root at rheisxa001 python-ldap-2.0.0pre13]# /zope/bin/python setup.cfg
build
  File "setup.cfg", line 10
    library_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-REL_ENG_2_1/lib
                   ^
/usr/local/cyrus-sasl/lib

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I don't understand why there is a syntax error here!

Please, help me...

Thanks.