Segmention fault on redhat 9 on ldap_simple_bind_s

Bjørn Ove Grøtan bjorn.grotan at itea.ntnu.no
Tue Sep 30 13:54:00 CEST 2003

jean-marc pouchoulon:
> Helo ,
> 	After read  mails from  archives, I sucessfully install
> python-ldap on redhat 9. (install tgz of openldap-2.1.22
> Modify source with  python-ldap_libs.patch ( -libs = ldap_r lber sasl2
> ssl crypto
> +libs = ldap_r ldap lber sasl2 ssl crypto ) before that I have an error
> messages on import undefined
>  symbol: ldap_first_reference)
> Now I have a segmentation fault on simple bind
> Erreur de segmentation
>
> I install the package on an xp system and it works perfectly.
>
> I try to install the package on a debian and I have
>
>  python setup.py build
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 10, in ?
>     from distutils.core import setup, Extension
> ImportError: No module named distutils.core
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially on RedHat.

For ldap:
install apt for redhat and use e.g. the following in your
/etc/apt/sources.list :
rpm http://apt.freshrpms.net redhat/9.0/en/i386 os updates freshrpms
rpm ftp://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/apt redhat/9.0/en/i386 os updates extra

(just sed'ed s/"7.3"/"9.0"/g, so I don't know if the url is correct.)

then, for both redhat and debian, run the following commands:
$ apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
$ apt-get install python-ldap

that's it.

--