Problem getting started to python ldap.

Joao S. O. Bueno gwidion at mpc.com.br
Mon Oct 13 13:28:31 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I am new to LDAP, and will be developing some scripts to it.

I downloaded Python LDAP pre-14 for Linux. (here is mandrake 9.1),
with default options. When I try to">>> import ldap", I get this:

>>> import ldap
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/ldap/__init__.py", line 21,
in ?
    from _ldap import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_ldap.so: undefined
symbol: ldap_first_reference
___
I just guess I am missing some library, and setup failed to point so.
Could some one tell what is needed to run it?
Or maybe, "import ldap" just is not the way to get started - I usually
import a module in an interactve python shell and read the online
doc. to get started.

Any hints will be appreciated.

__

O yes...my contractors will absolutely disallow me to run unstable
software there. So, how satble is "pre14", and is there a release
date set to 2.0? Or, if there are some features waiting to be
finished, what is the latest stable release?

Regards,

	JS
	-><-